The Barn, LLC. recognizes its ethical and legal obligation to provide a work environment in which employment opportunities are open to all qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information. The Barn, LLC. affirms its commitment to this principle and to an affirmative action program which not only establishes the goal of achieving equal opportunity in employment, but which also detects and eliminates any elements of discrimination in employment which may be found to exist within the Company. The Barn, LLC. also commits itself to maintaining on a nondiscriminatory basis the conditions for continuing employment for individual advancement within the job structure of The Barn, LLC.
The Barn, LLC. is committed to the following principles:
- Recruiting, hiring, training, retaining, and promoting individuals, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, except where sex, age, national origin, or disability are bona fide occupational qualifications;
- Making employment decisions so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity;
- Insuring that promotion decisions are in accordance with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only job related requirements for promotional opportunities;
- Insuring that all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers and leave policies, are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or genetic information.
- Insuring that harassment of employees by other employees or non-employees in connection with work- related matters is not tolerated. This refers to any form of harassment related to an employee’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
It is a violation of this policy to take an adverse employment against any employee because he/she has opposed any practice they reasonably believe to be discriminatory or filed any internal or external complaint/grievance/charge or participated in any investigation or proceeding, in accordance with this Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Each contractor, supplier, union, public agency, or other cooperative agent is required to support this policy by complying with all applicable State and Federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
Responsibility and authority for the dissemination and implementation of this policy lies ultimately with the The Barn, LLC. with assistance from the Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO). Practically, the responsibility and authority to act affirmatively to provide equality of opportunity in employment lies with all who are in decision-making positions within The Barn, LLC. It is the intent of The Barn, LLC. to commit appropriate resources and create a supportive atmosphere for the practical responsibility and authority to be exercised.
The Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity at The Barn, LLC. is responsible for supervision of the The Barn, LLC. equal opportunity program and for monitoring its effectiveness.